Photographer in photo is Steve Watts expert photographer for A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER in the Tampa Bay area Everything I write comes from professional experience. I write to save you wedding time, which will save you wedding money to help you succeed in your wedding budget. Creative Wedding Photography Ideas Do you think of just the traditional family shots, first kiss, first dance and the wedding cake etc. when it comes to your wedding photos? If so, maybe it’s time to use creative thinking and alternatives to ordinary wedding photography. After all, if a wedding is supposed to be as unique as the couple committing their lives to one another, then why should their wedding photos be any different? Photos are the way to keep the memories of that special day exciting year after year. How do you do that? By coordinating and having an open discussion with your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER to create that unique style you have always dreamed of. For example, instead of having everyone standing up in front of your wedding arch talk to your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER to get ideas. You may be very surprised how helpful your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER will be at bringing forth the creative juices from your mind into gorgeous and unique photos. Tips Make a photo planner (we supply one to all of our clients). A photo planner will insure that your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER will get all your traditional photos along with fun, romantic, and serious poses. Share a copy of the planner with your photographer. Talk to your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER about the photos taken during the ceremony.You may want to add something or your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER may highlight something you have not thought about. Where would you like your photos taken after the ceremony? Whether in a church, a lavish venue, or a picnic style wedding, your WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER can offer creative location ideas for beautiful photos. Wishing you all a beautiful eternity! A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER Go to National Wedding Photography for great prices on exceptional wedding photography!
With family members scattered around the country weddings are precious due the fact it is so difficult to get all your family members under one roof. A family WEDDING also usually means children. I have learned a few tips in my many years as a WEDDING photographer on how to entertain young children.
TIPS HOW TO ENTERTAIN CHILDREN
1. If you have young children attending your wedding please consider hiring a baby sitter or nanny. This will allow the parents to relax and really enjoy your wedding. Don’t be surprised if the parents are more than willing to pitch in for the cost for a good, reliable sitter or nanny.
2. Have tables set up just for the children with snacks using plastic plates and plastic wear. Have the tables in the back and have the parents’ tables next to them
3. Have small aprons, crayons and paper, washable paint, Play-Doh, games, bean bag toss for example. A good sitter or nanny will be able to keep them busy if she has the right tools.
4. Allow the children to be a part of the wedding reception by letting them to speak in the DJ’s microphone before or after the toast or all sing a song to the bride and groom.
5. When it comes to the wedding cake, have cupcakes and different toppings for the kids. Allow them to decorate their own cupcake.
6. Have a photo area set up with funky hats, sunglasses, feathered boas, etc. And have time set aside for the WEDDING photographer to capture their photos (during dinner is usually a good time as most children will eat when they are hungry)
7. Have the parents bring pillows and blankets because usually by the end of the night you will have sleepy- heads in a corner as the parents dance the night away.
8. Allow teen children to have their own table as well as well. Let them choose some of the music, but make sure the DJ knows to play music without explicit language.
9. Be sure to take the the opportunity for generation photos. For example, Great-grandmother, Grandmother, Mother, Daughter and Granddaughter. These photos are priceless.
Best wishes for eternity
A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
The hours before your wedding will hold some very special moments that you will definitely want consider adding to your photo planner.
This occasion can consist of you and your bridal party having your hair and make-up done before the WEDDING. There is laughter and smiles that you will want photographed along with pictures of your garter, shoes, dress, and flowers. A professional WEDDING photographer will know how to capture all the little details such as the pattern of your wedding dress with maybe a hint of your garter and your WEDDING bouquet. Photos like this you can have made into stationary and framed on your wall to help you remember this precious day you’re wedding dress may be preserved or handed down so you will want to have photos to help you remember the fine details of your WEDDING day.
This is also a wonderful time to capture boudoir photos. This is when you have your undergarments on with your garter right before you put on your wedding dress. You lie on a bed, or relax in a chair while you are tastefully covered with fabric or a sheet. This is where we get the sexy, but tasteful photos for you to give to your future husband as a gift, plus it is a gift to yourself. A professional WEDDING photographer will capture your make up, hair, nails and will know how to capture all your best features.
If you read my other blogs I always recommend that all the bridesmaids are completely ready before you. The reason for this is so they can help you get ready while the photographer captures those photos of them along with your mother, sisters and aunts( if applicable) helping you put on your WEDDING dress. The most heartfelt photo is your mother or someone very dear places the final detail the … the WEDDING veil. These are all moments you will treasure in priceless professional photos.
Once you are completely dressed and ready to walk down the aisle the professional photographer will capture photos of:
you and your bridal party
you and your Mother
you and your sisters
you and your best friend
Now it is time for professional WEDDING photos of just you in your complete WEDDING attire. The professional WEDDING photographer will capture different angles and will need at least 10 minutes of just you. The last photo should be you and your father or whoever will be giving you away.
Note* a professional WEDDING photographer will be able to capture all these memories without being intrusive. You will have gone over your photo planner together sometime before your wedding and have a perfect understanding of your dream WEDDING photos.
Best wishes for eternity
A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
photo by Shy Giasson
with A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
For great prices on exceptional wedding photography click here
I write from my many years as a wedding photographer to save you time, time will save you money to fit your WEDDING budget
Wedding cake… to smush or not to smush. It is something important that you may want to talk about before your wedding so there are no annulments.
The couple in the photo was laughing before and after the photo. I just captured this classic look with luck on my part.
Traditionally the cake cutting ceremony is a symbol of your union. You both will stand side by side
and with both hands you will slice a piece out of the bottom layer (hold a pose for the photographer) placing it onto a plate, then using your fingers to feed each other.
When it comes to shopping for a wedding cake the price can be very shocking so you really need to put your priorities in order as far as your wedding budget goes. I will share a few tips I have learned to save money on wedding cakes.
• Frosting is cheaper than fondant.
• A small wedding cake for two surrounded by mountains of cupcakes is very acceptable and a lot less expensive.
• You can have the bottom cake be the real McCoy and the top made of Styrofoam. Once you cut the bottom layer and the cake cutting tradition is completed the servers whisk away the fake cake back to the kitchen where sheet cakes are cut and served. No one knows the difference.
• Traditionally the top layer of the cake is saved and frozen in heavy duty freezer bags for your first 1 year WEDDING anniversary. You may want to keep that in mind when you try to figure how big of a cake you need, or you can order a copy cat cake for the following year. (cake frozen for a year is horrible!)
• Keep in mind that a month after your wedding nobody is going to remember your cake. All they are going to remember is you cutting the cake.
Best wishes for eternity
A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
The night before your wedding for the D.I.Y. bride
By A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
I write from many years of experience as a WEDDING photographer, I try to save you time, time can lead to stress and stress can lead to exceeding your wedding budget, plus it is just difficult to get the best, quality WEDDING photos when the bride is stressed. Here are some tips that may help.
As your last evening being a single woman plan on pampering yourself. If you are a mom invest in a baby sitter for all night.
Try to Plan on a hot bath with a cup of sleepy time tea to help you sleep. Just relax, but before you do please read the following.
*If you will be transporting all your WEDDING apparel to another location to get ready for your WEDDING, place them all together in one area.
* Make sure your WEDDING dress is unwrapped in case it needs to be ironed
* All tags are cut off… make sure tags are cut off everything like shoes, purse, and accessories.
*Have items such as something borrowed, something old, and something new with something blue placed together along with your shoes, garter,any jewelry, hair accessory, and/or WEDDING veil so the WEDDING photographer can find them easily to photograph on your WEDDING day.
*Please try to keep the room that you are getting ready in clutter free.This will also help the photographer get the best “before the wedding photos”
*Be sure you eat well, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. Your adrenalin most likely is at an all-time high by now which burns energy… energy you will need for your wedding day.
If you do these simple things the night before it will save you minutes and undo stress that can lead to hours on your WEDDING day.
Best wishes for eternity
A BETTER DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER
for more blogs go to
DON’T TRUST SOMEONE WITH LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE
HIRE YOUR WEDDING DJ AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Other than your ceremony itself your WEDDING DJ and WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER are the most important parts of your wedding and reception. You want the very BEST WEDDING DJ and the very BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER you can get, right?
Hiring your WEDDING DJ
Do you want a GOOD DJ for your wedding? The answer is no! You want the BEST WEDDING DISC JOCKEY for your wedding! A top notch professional is an absolute must! Your WEDDING DJ is 80% of the success of your wedding reception!
The days of a WEDDING DISC JOCKEY just being someone that plays music are long gone! Today an expert WEDDING DJ is a master of ceremonies, an entertainer, a reception planner and coordinator, a sound technician, a party motivator, a dance instructor, and the high energy personality that you count on to make sure that all of you guests have a memorable celebration! Your expert WEDDING DISC JOCKEY will basically run your reception from the moment you make your grand entrance at your reception until the final note of your last dance. Most importantly you need a WEDDING DJ will enjoy entertaining your guests. If your WEDDING DISC JOCKEY isn’t having fun, nobody is!
A month after your wedding your guests won’t remember; your dress, your flowers, your cake, your table decorations, the food, or your ceremony, but they will remember how your expert WEDDING DJ made your celebration the most fantastic party of your life!
Find someone that has extensive experience hiring great WEDDING DISC JOCKEYS, tell them exactly what you want at your reception, then trust their experience to match you up with the perfect WEDDING DJ for your special day.
Hiring your affordable WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
In today’s world of wonderful technology anyone can buy a great camera with lots of bells and whistles and call themselves an AFFORDABLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER. You probably even have friends that will volunteer to take your WEDDING PICTURES. Learning how to use today’s sophisticated cameras is something that given the time anyone can learn how to do. There is a huge difference between amateur WEDDING PICTURES and professional WEDDING PHOTOS!
Taking professional WEDDING PHOTOS is something that comes from the soul. It is a GOD given talent that can be discovered but not taught. It is a dedication to capturing the precious the moments in life and preserving them to be enjoyed throughout time. The most spectacular WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS don’t claim to have a “canned style”, they go with the flow and create beautiful photos from the moments that are presented.
When you meet with AFFORDABLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER to see their portfolio or view their web site you are usually looking at highly edited photos that are there to attract your business. Some of these photos are beautiful, but they are so highly edited that they don’t even look like real people. When you speak with a great WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER you won’t even need to see their photos, you’ll know just from their confidence that you have found someone that is dedicated to making YOUR photos be everything you hoped they would be and will capture every special moment of your wedding and celebration!
Find someone that has extensive experience hiring great AFFORDABLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS, tell them exactly what you want, then trust their experience to match you up with the perfect WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER for your special day.
13 TIPS FOR HIRING A great wedding DJ
1. Your wedding DISC JOCKEY has a lot of experience hosting weddings.
(We do thousands of weddings every year, all of our WEDDING DJS have done at least 100 weddings)
2. Your wedding DISC JOCKEY‘S system has enough power for the venue that your event is scheduled in.
(All of our systems are a minimum 350 watts per channel RMS, we have many different sized speakers)
3. That your wedding DJ will bring back-up for every crucial component of the system. (We do!)
4. That your wedding DISC JOCKEY will bring all of the music that you have requested in advance and a lot of music for requests. (and will have a 2nd copy of important wedding songs) (We have access to over 2 million songs on CD and thousands on karaoke disc)
5. That your wedding DJ has a strong voice and is the experience to MC your event.
(talk to us!)
6. That your wedding DISC JOCKEY has a back-up plan in case of sickness or any other emergency.
(we have over 500 DJs)
7. That your wedding DJ will arrive in time to be set up BEFORE your guests arrive and have music ready to play as they do. (we arrive with enough time to make a round trip to get anything we may have forgotten and still be ready to go on time!)
8. That your wedding DISC JOCKEY does not charge you for set up and tear down time.
(our price is all inclusive)
9. For events with over 200 guests your wedding DJ will have an assistant or MC. It is not possible to keep the music going non-stop and be able to handle crowd requests and manage timed events (especially wedding receptions) properly with only 1 wedding DISC JOCKEY.
(We always bring 2 or more for large events)
10. That your wedding DJ will provide a contract that includes their cancellation/reschedule policy.
(If you need to cancel just give us at least 2 weeks notice and your deposit will be applied to a future date)
11. That your wedding DISC JOCKEY is easily available by phone to help you coordinate your event planning and music selections.
(We have at least 1 person available 24 hours a day)
12. That your wedding DJ really loves doing this… if they don’t have fun… neither will you and your guests! For us it’s not all about the money, it’s all about you and your guests having the time of your lives!
(we love to entertain and it shows!)
13. That your wedding DISC JOCKEY does not have an attitude that indicates that they may be difficult to work with.
(We pride ourselves on our ability to make new friends out of your guests… once again, we love to entertain and it shows!)
The WEDDING DJ is the most important part of your reception
… and this is the most important event of your life!!!